Parents and Friends Association
The Association primarily consists of all parents and guardians of pupils enrolled at St Bernard's School.
The Association, through its activities, aims to:
- Promote the aims of Catholic education in the school community
- Liaise and co-operate with the Parish School Board
- Assist in promoting cultural, social and sporting activities for the school's students
- Foster a spirit of cooperation and friendship amongst members of the Association
- Provide a forum for the free discussion of educational policy, school objectives
- and other activities.
An Executive Committee manages the business and affairs of the Association. A number of committee members have special responsibilities, which include:
- organising fundraising events ( Discos, School functions)
- operating the school canteen.
The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Association is held at the first meeting of the year. General Meetings are also held to outline and discuss with parents, activities of the Association. These meetings are held in the school and are advertised in the School Newsletter.
There are a number of ways parents can assist the school.
- coming along and participating at general meetings
- becoming an office bearer on the Executive Committee
- planning / participating in social activities
- helping in the canteen
- helping out at sporting events e.g Cross Country; Athletics Carnival and Swimming Carnival
- assisting with organising; setting up and working at the major fundraiser the St Bernard's Fair each year
Strong parent support and commitment in all of these areas provide the foundations for a strong and united school community of students, parents and staff.