At St Bernard’s we are committed to delivering a quality, contemporary, Catholic education, tailored to the needs of individual students. Each individual student enters the classroom with a variety of experiences including cultural, emotional, spiritual and social. As educators it is our role to engage, challenge, affirm and support the growth of the whole child.
One of the greatest gifts I believe we can give our students in a Catholic school is Faith. Our teachings and interactions with all our families and students in our care are centred on Jesus Christ, our greatest teacher. Through our faith, we make our values part of the curriculum. Values such as inclusivity, respect and kindness are taught through bible stories, which demonstrate the lessons in a meaningful way.
Why Choose Us?
- An enthusiastic team environment where all staff work together to bring out the best in every child.
- Specialist programs to identify and support students’ interests include sustainability and indigenous culture.
- Specialist teachers enrich student learning in Digital Technologies, Sport, Music tuition and the traditional Walbanja language.
- Opportunities outside of the classroom to develop leadership skills when they are ready – through our K-12 Pathway.
- Social and emotional guidance to build confidence, self‑efficacy and self-awareness.
- Religious Education as a way to communicate and practice compassion, respect, kindness and strength.
- An inclusive and supportive community where students celebrate each other’s efforts and achievements.
- Classroom Support staff go above and beyond to find programs and training to meet the individual needs of our students.
The St Bernard's School Hall can seat 1200 people. Inside the hall there is a full sized basketball and netball court, as well as a full sized stage, complete with state of the art light and sound facilities. The School Hall is available for hire. Please contact the School Office for further details on 4472 4446.